Slow Cooker Stuffed Pepper Soup
This is a fun play on stuffed peppers - turned into soup. Delicious on a cool day - to help you warm up inside and out.
- 1 lb 93% ground turkey
- 28 oz diced tomatoes can be plain or with garlic or basil
- 1 medium onion
- 2 medium peppers I like to 1 green, and the other either red, yellow, or orange
- 3 c chicken broth could also use beef or vegetable broth
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1/2 tsp basil, dried
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 4-5 ea muchrooms chopped
- 1 C cooked rice *you might be tempted to add more, however - it will soak up your broth - and you won't have soup anymore.
1. Saute onion, and brown ground turkey in same skillet (medium low heat) - and place in slow cooker.
2. Add all additional ingredients (besides rice) to 4 qt slow cooker.
3. Cook on low for 6-8 hours (covered).
4. When soup is almost finished , cook up rice - and add just before serving.
*adapted from one of our favorite slow cooker recipe websites - Recipes that Crock
*While it is tempting to want to add in more rice (we often do the boil in the bag rice, and it makes more than 1 C) - this will absorb all your broth - and you will no longer have soup.
*You could use Italian seasoning in place of basil and oregano if you don't have one of them.